VISIT OF THE PARLIAMENTARY STANDING COMMITTEE ON DEFENCE (SCoD) TO NDA
1. Honourable Members of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence (SCoD) headed by Shri Jual Oram, visited National Defence Academy on 25 Aug 22. The on the spot, study visit of the SCoD, was on mandated agenda of carrying out Review of Intake of Female Officers in Armed Forces through Various Platforms.
2. Conference The Honourable Members of Parliament were received at the Santosh Gupta Hall by Air Marshal SP Wagle, VM, the Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff (DOT) and Vice Admiral Ajay Kochhar, AVSM, NM, the Commandant, National Defence Academy. A conference was conducted to review the intake of Female Officers in Armed Forces through various platforms. The Honourable Members were apprised about the various aspects pertaining to women induction, training and administration, including future plans for their employment in the Armed Forces. A presentation was conducted on Cadets' Training at NDA, which included details about NDA as a training institution, the scope, format and standards of training imparted, preparations and readiness for conducting training of women cadets and the induction of women cadets in early Aug 22.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES BRIEFING THE SCoD MEMBERS
3. Q&A Session was conducted wherein, queries of the Honourable Members of Parliament were addressed by the team headed by Air Marshal SP Wagle. This was followed by presentation of mementos to the Honourable Members of Parliament. The conference concluded with the Honourable Chairperson (SCoD) proposing a vote of thanks and complementing all stakeholders for their good quality and informative presentations.
4. Visit to Sudan Block On completion of the conference, the Honourable Members visited the iconic Sudan Block for high tea. During the tea, the Honourable Members interacted with Service Officers posted at NDA. This was followed by a group photograph in front of the Sudan Block.
VISIT TO SUDAN BLOCK FOR HIGH TEA
GROUP PHOTOGRAPH IN FRONT OF SUDAN BLOCK
5. Visit to Physical Training Area The Honourable Members thereafter, visited the Physical Training Area and witnessed the physical training methodologies of cadets (male and female). The Honourable Members also interacted with Women Officers posted at NDA for overseeing training and mentoring the girl cadets.
VISIT TO PHYSICAL TRAINING AREA AND INTERACTION WITH WOMEN CADETS AND OFFICERS
6. The visit of the delegation culminated at the Cadets' Mess. The Chairman complemented DCIDT (DOT) and the Commandant of National Defence Academy for a very insightful and informative visit. He was appreciative of the high standards displayed in all domains by the Tri-services Academy.